Installing Windows 8 Developer Preview

Question

• I am trying to install Windows 8 Developer Preview on Oracle VM Vitualbox useing Deamon Tools Advanced as a DVD-Drive.. I got the .iso from: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/apps/br229516 and I tryed those key´s: Windows 8 Developer Preview: 6RH4V-HNTWC-JQKG8-RFR3R-36498 Server-Version der Windows 8 Developer Preview: 4Y8N3-H7MMW-C76VJ-YD3XV-MBDKV Doesn´t work at all. Why? MFG Mario Fervers
    Friday, October 14, 2011 2:51 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Mario, what are the errors you are seeing? 
    Friday, October 14, 2011 3:28 PM
  • I started the installation likemany installations before. When i come to the Productkeywindow I enter the nothing or the key offerd here in the Forum. Both reply Unable to verify your Productkey. Please recheck your key.

I read the Forum threads abotu this issue, and there where some users haveing their verison of win8devprev from the same source. They did not need a key anyways. I wonder if this issue i have is an issue because of the oracle vitualbox or the fact that i use a deamontoolDVD.

What do you think??

Master of Method and Solution
    Friday, October 14, 2011 3:48 PM
  • Have you tried mounting the ISO directly with VirtualBox?  To do so, go to Settings > Storage > Choose a Virtual CD/DVD Disk file and just point that to the ISO you downloaded.
    Friday, October 14, 2011 5:41 PM
  • Hey thank you very much.

It is now working. I will post a how to later in this thread.

Again thank you very much.

Saturday, October 15, 2011 12:52 PM
  • I've tried using Daemon Tools, that was a no go.  Tried to install at boot too using a USB stick.  If you figured it out, please feel free to tell
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 11:55 PM
  • I tried the way HaoWei Khor told me. and it worked perfectly. Try it by urself. I guess it will make it easier.

MFG

Mario Fervers

Thursday, October 20, 2011 5:33 PM