none
Can you open Expression Web 4 without it starting a blank new page? RRS feed

• Question

• Everytime I open Expression Web 4 I get a blank "untitled_1.html" file that I have to click to close. There must be an option to not have to do this everytime? I know that when you open your site it goes away but I am dragging Favicons into this area and dont want a blank page there.

Thanks!

Friday, September 10, 2010 8:57 PM

All replies

• I don't think so.

(FYI, I don't know what you mean by "dragging favicons into this area".  Favicons are for a site - don't you have a site open?)

Friday, September 10, 2010 10:00 PM
  • In my other thread I was having trouble using getting the Internet Explorer option File/"Edit with Microsoft Expression Web" to open my site currectly. It wa sonly opening a local copy in the temporary internet files folder.

I discovered that with Expression Web open. I can click on my website Favicon and drag it into the Expression Web window and it opens. But if I use "Edit with Expression Web" it opens a temporary site locally. Weird.

Friday, September 10, 2010 10:30 PM
  • To have EW open the local site the next time you start EW, don't close the actual site down when you exit EW - just close EW with the site still open - EW will then open the last-opened web the next time you launch EW.

To turn the above on, go to Tools > Application Settings.  Under General tab, check the box "Open the last site automatically when Expression Web starts"

You can indeed drag/drop the favicon into the editor area of EW and it will open that URL in EW.   This method only opens the *page* but not the actual EW site.

Andrew M

http://www.murraywebs.com

"Nothing spoils numbers faster than arithmetic!"
    -- Peppermint Patty (Peanuts, Charles M. Schulz)
    Friday, September 10, 2010 11:23 PM