none
cannot see framework 2.0 in my reference RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I am trying to add reference to framework 2.0 dll's through my project and I cannot find the list in the reference window. I reinstalled 2.0 and ran aspnet_regiis /i, but still no use. any information will be greatly helpful.
    Thanks.
    Wednesday, November 12, 2008 3:15 PM

Answers

• Thanks for replying to query. Actually I found the issue, I was using VS2003, and this does not support  adding 2.0 assemblies directly( though it can be done through some tideous tweaking). I moved to a company which has applications on 1.1 and was trying to build new applications on framework 2.0 and I was not aware that i need VS2005 for this. I thought VS 2003/VS 2005 are just IDE's but now I know its built on frameworks. Should have known this basics better.
    Thursday, November 13, 2008 7:30 PM

All replies

• What do you see?  Is it empty?  What do you want to add?  It won't have an entry that says "Framework 2.0", it lists individual assemblies that are part of the 2.0 framework.
    Hans Passant.
    Wednesday, November 12, 2008 3:32 PM
  • I do not see the 2.0 version dll's. but in the windows\assembly I see both 1.1 and 2.0

Thursday, November 13, 2008 5:14 PM
  • That's the GAC folder, that's not where they come from.  c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727 is the folder for .NET 2.0 reference assemblies.  If you don't see them there, install .NET 2.0 again.  If they are there, you might have registry damage.  Keep your fingers crossed hoping for good luck and install .NET 2.0 again.
    Hans Passant.
    Thursday, November 13, 2008 6:48 PM
  • Thanks for replying to query. Actually I found the issue, I was using VS2003, and this does not support  adding 2.0 assemblies directly( though it can be done through some tideous tweaking). I moved to a company which has applications on 1.1 and was trying to build new applications on framework 2.0 and I was not aware that i need VS2005 for this. I thought VS 2003/VS 2005 are just IDE's but now I know its built on frameworks. Should have known this basics better.
    Thursday, November 13, 2008 7:30 PM