none
Could not load file or assembly RRS feed

• Question

• Sad

Hello,

I'm just installed the release version of the Visula Studion 2005 after removing all the parts of any old installation - even with removing some License keys from the registry. But I'm stiol getting this error in the designer view. BUt I'm not getting it for all my Forms just for the more difficult once.

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design, Version=2.0.3600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Hide    

at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
    at System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, Evidence securityInfo, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName)
    at System.AppDomain.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName)
    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.NativeMethods.ThrowOnFailure(Int32 hr, Int32[] expectedHRFailure)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSGlobalObjectProviderFactory.GetProviders()
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Design.GlobalObjectService.EnsureProviders()
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Design.GlobalObjectService.GetGlobalObjects(Type baseType)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Design.GlobalObjectService.GetGlobalObjects()
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.AggregateTypeResolutionService.GetTypeFromGlobalObjects(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.AggregateTypeResolutionService.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.AggregateTypeResolutionService.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError)
    at System.Resources.ResXDataNode.ResolveType(String typeName, ITypeResolutionService typeResolver)
    at System.Resources.ResXDataNode.GenerateObjectFromDataNodeInfo(DataNodeInfo dataNodeInfo, ITypeResolutionService typeResolver)
    at System.Resources.ResXDataNode.GetValue(ITypeResolutionService typeResolver)
    at System.Resources.ResXResourceReader.ParseDataNode(XmlTextReader reader, Boolean isMetaData)
    at System.Resources.ResXResourceReader.ParseXml(XmlTextReader reader)

Any one kowns how do fix this problem. I'm even tryed to delete all the Files under %UserData%\A016699\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CoreCon\1.0\.
    Tuesday, November 22, 2005 5:21 PM

Answers

All replies

• Andre,

When I tried to use Windows Form in VS 2005 (Specifically when I tried to drop any control to the designer), I got the same message as yours with the same version number and publickey token. My question is have you fixed your problem yet? I am new to the Visual Studio 2005, so what are the exact steps? Does the process remove or affect the current installed version? I hope it does not affect since the web application works fine.

Thanks for your help.

Thursday, March 29, 2007 9:29 PM