none
PolledDataAvailableStatement does not work correctly, hurry. RRS feed

• Question

• I set the statement of PolledDataAvailableStatement   as " select 0 as amt", PollWhileDataFound as false, but BizTalk still execute the sql statement in pollingStatement.

Do I miss some configuration?

Hope someone could be kindly help me to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance. 
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 7:48 PM

Answers

• Weird, I am not sure why enabling the ambient transaction would solve the problem.

This article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd788416(BTS.10).aspx explains the properties of the WCF-SQL port. I am guessing you are using this or is it the OracleDB binding?

The PollWhileDataFound can be false and the adapter will still use a polling interval (delay). True means to ignore the polling interval and to poll continuously. Your statement always returns data anyway.

I usually set UseAmbientTransaction to false for DTS issues too. Try using a statement that does not always return data.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Saturday, March 13, 2010 4:00 AM

All replies

• I fixed the issue by setting UseAmbientTransaction to true.

But sometimes set UseAmbientTransaction to true might cause some DTS issue.

I don't know how to balance it.

Hope this issue could be discussed continuously, so it will  benefit BizTalk community.   
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 11:26 PM
  • Weird, I am not sure why enabling the ambient transaction would solve the problem.

This article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd788416(BTS.10).aspx explains the properties of the WCF-SQL port. I am guessing you are using this or is it the OracleDB binding?

The PollWhileDataFound can be false and the adapter will still use a polling interval (delay). True means to ignore the polling interval and to poll continuously. Your statement always returns data anyway.

I usually set UseAmbientTransaction to false for DTS issues too. Try using a statement that does not always return data.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Saturday, March 13, 2010 4:00 AM
  • I had this same problem.  My DataAvailable was returning a "0" but the DataPolling statement was still executing.

We always set the Ambient to False to avoid problems, and that was the case here.  When I set it to True, the DataAvailble seemed to then work correctly.

Does anyone know why you must have Use Ambient Transaction to True in order for the DataAvailable statement to work properly and/or is there another way?

mp

Thursday, August 23, 2012 2:13 PM