stream compressed video from bitmap RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I am receiving video packets through an ocx from a remote video server. The ocx decodes the data and exposes it as frame (bitmap object). I can collect all the bitmap objects and display it on a picturebox control (in effect it appears as a video stream). I need to stream the video (real-time) i received from video server to other client on the network, but what I have now is a bitmap object, not a video. Is this how a network video streaming works? You get the frame (w/c is a bitmap object) one by one and send it over the network? I heard of video streaming of mpeg4 (with compression) movies, but what i have are bitmap objects. So how do i stream mpeg4 videos out of this bitmap objects that i have?

bitmap (bytes[])  ---> mpeg4 encoding ---> send to network ----> client decodes mpeg4 data packets ---> display on picture box.

regards
    Monday, September 24, 2007 6:43 AM

All replies

• Hi there !

Found any solution ? I'm in the exact same situation ... I get bitmaps from a webcam and I'm wondering how I can stream those over the internet the best way...

Thanks !

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 1:38 PM