Forcing the close of the current form using SPD 2007 custom activity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a WF built using SPD 2007, it is associated with a form library that has an info path template, In the WF, I have some collect data from user activities and in the form library I created a column to represent the status of the WF and I update this field after each collect data from user to know current approver, The problem is that the users who receive the task will open the form first and then click on edit this task and may forget to close the form which causes an error in WF when it tries to update the col in library, I added a custom activity in SPD to wait till the form is closed but the problem is that I have a problem in delay actions where the WFs don't resume after delays and I can't install the hotfix that solves this issue so I wanted to modifiy the activity so that instead of waiting the file to close (I make this check by checking the checkout status of the current file that the WF is running on if it's not= none then I add a delay action and this code is in while loop) I want to force this close, I tried SPFile. Discardcheckout and SPfile.checkin but it didn't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. 

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, September 20, 2011 2:57 PM There's a WF forum for wf questions (From:SharePoint - Development and Programming (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 2:27 PM

All replies