Supported API test fail

Question

• I have developed a Windows Store App using CallNtPowerInformation, and failed Supported API test. Error Message is The supported APIs test detected the following errors:
    • API CallNtPowerInformation in powrprof.dll is not supported for this application type. BatteryInfoCommon.dll calls this API.
    But this app works well on my machine and I can get some information about battery. What is the problem, and how can I fix it ?
    Wednesday, November 05, 2014 11:38 AM

Answers

• Basically the message tells you that your App is not supposed to call the functionality (even though it's working). It likely won't be an issue for a Desktop Application but the application type "Windows Store App" is not supposed to call that API which is why it fails certification. The way to look at it is that usage is "forbidden" even though it's possible.

Basically the only thing you can do to allow submission to the store is to change your App so it only uses APIs that are allowed in Windows Store Apps.

• Proposed as answer by Oliver Ulm Wednesday, November 05, 2014 11:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jamles HezModerator Tuesday, November 18, 2014 10:58 AM
    Wednesday, November 05, 2014 11:43 AM