Windows 8 basic theme issue

Question

• Hi, I think the Windows 8 basic theme fits a lot with the Metro UI, but I have a issue. Sometimes the basic theme is semitransparent (like Aero) and sometimes it is not transparent. I dont know why but this is frustating.

So, I think the basic theme with a bit of transparency looks good.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 11:28 AM

Answers

• Ok It only happens few times. Now Windows Aero is transparent and Windows basic is not transparent. I didnt install any driver and now it Works :-D

I suggest Windows basic to have transparency enabled and make this theme the default one. Its much better than Windows Aero.

Thursday, October 06, 2011 4:04 PM

All replies

• Hi there,

Do you know when this switching happens?

Are you able to update the video driver? And if so, does updating the video driver work to get this corrected?

Regards,

Bobby

Friday, September 16, 2011 6:39 AM
    Answerer
  • Since the manufacturers have not created drivers for Windows Developers Preview, I suggest you update to the most current Windows 7 driver.
    If that doesn't work, they try to install in compatibility mode.

For the driver/drivers you downloaded use the compatibility troubleshooter to install them to see if that resolves the problem.
    You can do this by:

·         Enter the Start screen

·         Move your mouse to the bottom left of the screen to expand the Charms section

·         Select Search

·         Type Compatibility

·         Click Settings in the right column

·         Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows

·         Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your computer's driver.

Let us know if this helps.

Marilyn
    Friday, September 23, 2011 12:48 AM
  • Ok It only happens few times. Now Windows Aero is transparent and Windows basic is not transparent. I didnt install any driver and now it Works :-D

I suggest Windows basic to have transparency enabled and make this theme the default one. Its much better than Windows Aero.

Thursday, October 06, 2011 4:04 PM