none
"Workbooks.openxml" function is not working in korean machine for office 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I have a function called "Workbooks.openxml" which is working fine in 2007 office version,But now we are migrating to office 2013 so now the same function is not working in korean machine.

I request you to provide me support/solution for the same. or any alternate function which  "Workbooks.openxml" does.

code :-"Workbooks.OpenXML Filename:=fileImport, Stylesheets:=Array(1)"

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 10:24 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Did you try to open the XML manually? Based on my understanding, the Excel application would format the data in the workbook based on the formats settings in the control panel.

Please ensure that you can open XML file manually to see whether the issue is relative to the stylesheet. If you still have the issue, would you mind sharing the detail error message you got?

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 5:31 AM

All replies

• Hi vineethputtur,

>>not working in korean machine <<, please tell me the meaning of "Korean machine"? Is this region settings?

This is the forum to discuss questions and feedback for Microsoft Excel, I'll move your question to the MSDN forum for Excel

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=exceldev&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 7:12 AM
  • Hi,

The code works well for me well. What's the error message that you got?

I suggest that you try to open the XML file manually to see whether it works. If not, I suggest that you repair and update the Office to latest version.

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, September 25, 2015 7:30 AM
  • Hello Zhang,

"Korean Machine" in the sense "System locale" will be in Korean language for that respective machine

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 12:07 PM
  • Hi,

Did you try to open the XML manually? Based on my understanding, the Excel application would format the data in the workbook based on the formats settings in the control panel.

Please ensure that you can open XML file manually to see whether the issue is relative to the stylesheet. If you still have the issue, would you mind sharing the detail error message you got?

Regards & Fei

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 5:31 AM