Enrich Incoming Message RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have to achieve enrichment of incoming message retaining initial values.

Please suggest the best and efficient way.

Thx

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 9:20 PM

Answers

• This is actually a pretty simple requirement, no need to overthink it with patterns.

You need 4 messages for this-

1. Your request message, which you already have

2. Request message for web service - you need a map to transform from 1->2

3. Response message from web service

4. Your final enriched message - again a map in an orchestration can do this. Inputs to the map are messages 1 and 3. Output is message 4, aka., your final/enriched message.

Refer- http://www.codeproject.com/Tips/883677/BizTalk-Mapping-Map-Multiple-Schemas-to-a-Single-O

Note: Request/Response messages from the web service is something you need to get, either from wsdl, or schema files provided by the service owner.

Also, all of the above can be laid out within an orchestration.

Thanks Arindam

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 8:37 AM

All replies

• A bit more of your specific requirements would help.

You will find many samples online on message enrichment in BizTalk for reference.

Thanks Arindam

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 5:30 AM
  • Thanks for response I am receiving a message with some fields with values and some empty. Then I have to call a web service based on values from incoming message. Once I receive response from web service I have to map response values to the empty fields on incoming message.
    Wednesday, April 6, 2016 8:04 AM
  • This is actually a pretty simple requirement, no need to overthink it with patterns.

You need 4 messages for this-

1. Your request message, which you already have

2. Request message for web service - you need a map to transform from 1->2

3. Response message from web service

4. Your final enriched message - again a map in an orchestration can do this. Inputs to the map are messages 1 and 3. Output is message 4, aka., your final/enriched message.

Refer- http://www.codeproject.com/Tips/883677/BizTalk-Mapping-Map-Multiple-Schemas-to-a-Single-O

Note: Request/Response messages from the web service is something you need to get, either from wsdl, or schema files provided by the service owner.

Also, all of the above can be laid out within an orchestration.

Thanks Arindam

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 8:37 AM
  • Thanks for response I am receiving a message with some fields with values and some empty. Then I have to call a web service based on values from incoming message. Once I receive response from web service I have to map response values to the empty fields on incoming message.
    1. Use an Orchestration.
    2. Use a Multi-Input Map to merge the two source messages.  You will have to use some Functoids to check which source to use.

Here's a post on creating a Multi-Input Map: https://masteringbiztalkserver.wordpress.com/2011/07/08/developing-and-testing-maps-which-have-multiple-source-and-destination-schemas/

Note, you can only do this in the Orchestration Designer.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 12:35 PM