Editing unpaid add campaigns. RRS feed

• Question

• My location doesn't allow creating a payed campaign, but I am quite happy with community and house ads.

The problem is that once a house/community campaign with custom images is created, I can't find a way to edit it. When I open a campaign, I see a message in red, but it disappears in a jiffy, so I cannot read it.  Then there is no error, but all the fields are grayed out; though the images are shown, there is no way to change then.  Preview button is often missing, but even when appears, it is completely useless.

To matke the things worse, I can't see a way to delete a campaign. One of the campaigns shows an error in the list, but when I open it, I can't see any error.

I guess, this page hasn't been properly for the case of custom images with no access to payed campaigns.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 1:04 AM

All replies

• Hi pcyanide,

>>The problem is that once a house/community campaign with custom images is created, I can't find a way to edit it.
    From the Creating an ad campaign for your app, you have two choices in the Ad design, one is Custom, another is Auto-generated, you can choose one. To further customize the ad, expand Customize ad design/See all ad sizes and choose any of the following:

1. Background color: Choose from the available options.
    2. Images: The available images are the images you have associated with your app in the Store.
    3. Show my app rating: Select this checkbox if you want to show the app's rating.
    4. Show that my app is free:  If your app is free in all the selected markets, you will also have the option to select this checkbox.
    5. Call to action:  If you chose Increase app engagement as your campaign objective, you can set your ad's call to action button to Open, Play, Read, Listen, or Shop.

>> I can't see a way to delete a campaign.
    In the top navigation menu of the dashboard, click one app---Monetization---Promote your app, you can see how many campaigns are performing. You may not delete campaign, but you can use the Pause action or Resume action to pause or resume campaigns. The screenshot you can refer to.

>> I guess, this page hasn't been properly for the case of custom images with no access to payed campaigns.
    If you app have passed the final publishing phase of the app certification process, you can create ad campaign and don’t need to access to paid campaign.

Best regards,
    Cherry Bu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 9:46 AM