none
automating association and send (in order) of an email folder item list with an email recipient address list RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I work in a university and wish to automate timely distribution of marked assessments to students.
    I have a fixed email list.
    I scan marked assignments in a high speed printer/scanner in the same sequence as the email list and put all .pdfs in that sequence into an outlook folder.

I would love to have an outlook application which would automate the taking of each pdf and email address in turn, along with a defined common email message, and automatically send (correctly) to all recipients. We'd all benefit.

I would be grateful of any advice.

regards, 

Fearghal

Automating association and send (in order) of an email folder item list with an email recipient address list 

Friday, October 12, 2012 8:28 AM

Answers

• Hi Fearghal1,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Your idea is quite fancy and it will be really good if things could be done in the way you've designed. However I've no idea whether your scanner have APIs or not to make it so interoperable.

So I have the below idea for your project.

• Create an Excel Workbook which contains the students' inside campus ID or something alike and have the email address correspond to the ID stored in same row next cell.
    • Scan all the assignments into computer name these pdf assignments with their owner's ID.
    • Startup your application which will send pdf assignments to the owner respectively.

I think add-in will be an appropriate choice to realize it.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 6:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Fearghal1,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Your idea is quite fancy and it will be really good if things could be done in the way you've designed. However I've no idea whether your scanner have APIs or not to make it so interoperable.

So I have the below idea for your project.

• Create an Excel Workbook which contains the students' inside campus ID or something alike and have the email address correspond to the ID stored in same row next cell.
    • Scan all the assignments into computer name these pdf assignments with their owner's ID.
    • Startup your application which will send pdf assignments to the owner respectively.

I think add-in will be an appropriate choice to realize it.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 6:49 AM
  • thankyou quict, 

I will look into your suggestion further.

regards,

Fearghal

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:52 AM