none
CashDrawer hangs while setting DrawerOpened to true. RRS feed

• Question

• Hallo everyone,

I'm trying to share devices between two programs. Only one program at a time has devices open. One of the devices is a CashDrawer simulator based on a Microsoft.PointOfService.CashDrawerBase. All works well, but sometimes for no apparent reason Setting the drawer properties to DrawerOpened hangs. This usually happens, when I do the following:
    - Start the first application, open(claim the CashDrawer.
    - Close the CashDrawer.
    - Start the second application, open/claim the CashDrawer.
    - Set CashDrawerProperties.DrawerOpened to true.

According to my callstack, it hangs on Microsoft.PointOfService.ControlBase.dll!Microsoft.PointOfService.Internal.DataExchange.SendData(object data).

The curious thing is, this doesn't happen always. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. It always works when just one application is running or when I completly shut down the first application while the second application is waiting for the Property to set DrawerOpened to true.

Has someone any idea how I can work around this problem or solve it?

I'm using POS for .NET 1.12 and .NET 4.0 for the target application and .NET 2.0 for the CashDrawer-simulator.

• Edited by Skalli Monday, December 17, 2012 10:15 AM
    • Moved by Robert Breitenhofer Tuesday, December 18, 2012 9:56 AM English instead German (From:.NET Framework)
    • Moved by Mike FengModerator Thursday, January 3, 2013 5:38 AM restructure .NET forums (From:POS for .NET)
    Monday, December 17, 2012 10:13 AM

All replies

• It should be OK, since you didn't access the device at the same time for your two application.

Ghost,
    Call me ghost for short, Thanks
    To get the better answer, it should be a better question.

Friday, January 4, 2013 3:30 AM