published app for windows phone for free now not able to publish the same app on windows 8 platform RRS feed

• Question

• Sir i published a app on windows phone OS 8.0,now i want to publish same app for windows 8 platform.i published windows phone app as a student using Dreamspark key so it was free for me to publish it.I want the same for the windows 8 app too,but when i am entering my Dreamspark verification key it says its not valid,how to get over from this..please help me.....
    Saturday, August 31, 2013 3:49 PM

Answers

• Hi, faisal

Just as Ken says, Windows store and windows phone developer accounts are different.

Make sure you have already got the Windows Store developer account. You can refer to

the link below to know how to publish an app to the Windows Store :

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/jj657972.aspx

Best Wishes!

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by Anne Jing Friday, September 6, 2013 1:20 PM
    Monday, September 2, 2013 2:48 AM

All replies

• Windows store and windows phone developer accounts are different.  Are you sure you are using the right key for registering?
    Saturday, August 31, 2013 4:10 PM
  • Hi, faisal

Just as Ken says, Windows store and windows phone developer accounts are different.

Make sure you have already got the Windows Store developer account. You can refer to

the link below to know how to publish an app to the Windows Store :

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/jj657972.aspx

Best Wishes!

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by Anne Jing Friday, September 6, 2013 1:20 PM
    Monday, September 2, 2013 2:48 AM