Cannot use SQL server on my server RRS feed

• Question

• User1212316503 posted

Hi,

I uploaded my website on a server and downloaded sql server 2008 to my server. The first page is going up perfectly but when trying to run sql I get runtime error:": An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine".

It seems that the issue is related to my connection string but not sure why. Do I need to change my connection string after uploading it to the server ? 

Thanks

Tal B.  

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 8:25 PM

All replies

• User2105670541 posted

can you please shrae yoour code and connection string of your web application

Thursday, May 10, 2012 1:12 AM
  • User1196771204 posted

hi table,

Please make sure you create an associated db user of your database and please make sure you edit your web.config to use this new db user details 

Thursday, May 10, 2012 4:44 AM
  • User1212316503 posted

Hi,

Thanks for your replay. My connectios string is:

<add name="Database1ConnectionString1" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\Database1.mdf;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True;pooling=false" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

I am not sure how to  create an associated db user and edit my web.config to use this new db user details. Can you send me details of how to make those changes ? I am new to .net

Thanks

Tal B. 

Thursday, May 10, 2012 5:23 AM
  • User1196771204 posted

hi there,

please refer to http://faq.asphosthelpdesk.com/article.php?id=53.

For ASP.NET hosting, you can take a look at asphostcentral.com

Please mark this response as an "answer" if it helps you. Thanks heaps 

Thursday, May 10, 2012 10:38 PM
  • User1212316503 posted

I went into th control panel is it says in the article but didnt find any Database icon. I am usin windows server 2008. Can you help me ? How do I know what to put in my connection string ? 

Friday, May 11, 2012 3:15 AM