"SketchFlow was unable to determine if feedback from the SharePoint site has been successfully shared." RRS feed

• Question

• I'm new to using SharePoint with Blend. I've had some success and some challenges.  Lots of questions.  I didn't know if I should break them up into separate ones or one post. I chose one post.

Here is what works:

I can upload my SketchFlow project to SharePoint
    Other users can see the project on SharePoint and launch it to view
    Other users can add feedback to the project and upload it to SharePoint
    I can see the feedback files in SharePoint
    When I return to my SketchFlow project and open the SketchFlow panel I can see the feedback

What doesn't work:

1. At runtime of my local SketchFlow project, I click on the "Shared" tab and click "Refresh from server". The icon spins and the follow error is thrown "SketchFlow was unable to determine if feedback from the SharePoint site has been successfully shared."  I see none of the feedback users entered.
      Is this as expected? Should I not be able to see feedback at RUNTIME of my local copy of this project?
    2. Can users not upload a second round of feedback on the same Sketchflow revision?  I can see the feedback they uploaded in SharePoint but when I go into my local copy and try to see this new feedback, it is not available. The only way I can view this feedback is to download it from Sharepoint then add it in my project in the "Feedback Files" folder.
    3. In my local project at design time, in the SketchFlow panel, when I expand the chevrons under the "Shared" title the "Loading..." icon never stops spinning. Am I missing something here that should be loading? (I wonder if this relates to question 2?

Thanks in advance for any helps!

Tony

Thursday, September 30, 2010 3:36 AM

Answers

• 1. You can only see shared feedback at runtime (in the player) if you run from SharePoint.

2. After new feedback is added, have to hit the refresh button in the SketchFlow Feedback panel to see any new feedback. Your scenario you described should work (in Blend, not the runtime player).

3. This issue may be related to the questions I asked in the other reply.

• Marked as answer by Blendesigner Friday, October 1, 2010 5:14 PM
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 2:51 PM

All replies

• Are you using sharepoint online? If so, are you using the login client? And lastly, have you installed the SP1 release for Blend 4? There were a few issues fixed with Sharepoint in the SP1.
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 2:46 PM
  • 1. You can only see shared feedback at runtime (in the player) if you run from SharePoint.

2. After new feedback is added, have to hit the refresh button in the SketchFlow Feedback panel to see any new feedback. Your scenario you described should work (in Blend, not the runtime player).

3. This issue may be related to the questions I asked in the other reply.

• Marked as answer by Blendesigner Friday, October 1, 2010 5:14 PM
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 2:51 PM
  • Thanks again Chuck. I wasn't aware of the SP1 release.  That, along with your clarification fixed my problems.

Just btw, I'm using Sharepoint online with the login client. It works really well!

Friday, October 1, 2010 5:14 PM
  • Just FYI (and anyone else who sees this via search): I believe one of the fixes in the SP1 release was for syncing feedback in Blend with sharepoint online and the login client, which would explain why it works for you now.
    Friday, October 1, 2010 5:41 PM