none
View all checked out projects in PWA RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We're in the process of setting up our first Project Web App site.  We're running into an issue where Project Managers are leaving their projects checked out.  I was wondering if there's an easy way to view the checked out status of all projects on the PWA site and subsites.

I noticed that in Microsoft Project when you select open file from Project Web App it gives you the option to select browse, 'Show me the list of all projects'.  From there you can view all of the project files, whether they're checked out, and who has them checked out. 

Is there a way to get that information into a page view on our PWA site?

Thanks for any advice,

Joe

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 3:56 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

In the PWA Settings area there is an option for Force check-in in enterprise objects where the default option is Enterprise Projects and here you will see all checked out projects

Hope this helps

Paul

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 4:03 PM
  • Hey Paul,

Thanks for the reply.  I found the force check-in enterprise Objects page.  That does help, but it's not a very convenient way to find the information. I was hoping to add a webpart or something similar to the home page. Is that possible?

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 4:16 PM
  • Hi Joe,

One of the things you can do is to configure a report (using Reporting Services) displaying the checkout projects and the report can be configured on the home page. Also, if needed the report can be filtered based on the user accessing the home page.

Another option would be to create/customize a webpart to display this information

Paul

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 4:27 PM