Adobe Premiere CS5.5 won't install?

Question

• i'm having some confusing problems with installing CS5.5 premiere pro onto my win8 computer. I originally had it working the first time i installed it on win8 and there was a serious crash that i didn't want to deal with so i clean installed the whole thing and when restoring my programs, Premiere Pro wouldn't install at all citing some fatal error of sorts. I used the exact same installation settings that worked the first time (compatibility win7) and tried different methods but i'm unable to get this working at all :/

any suggestions?

Saturday, November 26, 2011 8:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• Think you will need to look in the Event Viewer and see what that fatal error was.  BTW have Pinnacle Studio 15 and Avid Studio installed without incident (so far).
    Sunday, November 27, 2011 12:20 AM
  • I tried installing again and decided just to re-install the other parts of premiere pro family that were already there (Encore and OnLocation) with premiere pro and it worked! the program runs flawlessly so i guess if anybody's having trouble with premiere pro, i guess just reinstall onlocation and encore again with premiere.
    Sunday, November 27, 2011 1:03 AM
  • Hi BomarJr,
    lets try once more:
    Start Screen-Direct the mouse to the bottom left to get the Charms options-select Search-type Compatibility-click Settings-click Run Programs Made for Previous Version of Windows-Program Compatibility Troubleshooter. You may then follow the prompts. Hope it helps.

Irfan
    Sunday, November 27, 2011 1:56 AM
  • Just FYI.... you should NOT need to run the install for CS5 or 5.5 in compatibility mode.... install runs fine normally on both the 32bit and 64bit versions of Dev Preview.
    Sunday, November 27, 2011 6:06 AM
  • Just FYI.... you should NOT need to run the install for CS5 or 5.5 in compatibility mode.... install runs fine normally on both the 32bit and 64bit versions of Dev Preview.

Thanks Paul, for the info.
    Irfan
    Sunday, November 27, 2011 9:15 AM