Where's windiff in Visual Studio 2012RC Express?

Question

• I use windiff extensively in my work, but could not find it in Visual Studio 2012 RC Express. Is it included in VS2012RC commercial SKUs, or no longer available?
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 12:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• Windiff was dropped from all SKUs. Moving to tools for suggestions on replacement(s).

David Lamb

• Marked as answer by Leonard Saturday, July 7, 2012 10:53 PM
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 6:39 PM
  • You can get it from an early version of Visual Studio or Windows SDK. Or find alternatives like this one reviewed on MSDN magazine .

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP

Thursday, June 28, 2012 8:59 PM
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 11:26 PM
  • Thank you all, I'll try WinMerge to see if it matches Windiff. I may not try devenv /diff as it's an overkill. Sometimes I am confused and wonder why Microsoft abandon extravagantly some good technologies, tools etc.
    Friday, June 29, 2012 2:48 PM
  • No good deed goes unpunished. The SDK's team's budget does not get adjusted according to the inflation of new SDK documentations, tools and samples.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP

Friday, June 29, 2012 6:01 PM