none
Oracle Stored Procedures RRS feed

• Question

• I've run into this problem before, and haven't seen an answer yet. I'm trying to use the visual studio 2008 IDE to connect various objects (forms, crystal reports, whatever) to an Oracle stored procedure. I can do it fine through code, no problem. I can connect those objects easily to SQL stored procedures. However, when I try to use an Oracle stored procedure, it will only take me up to the point where I finally execute it. I can choose the procedure and set the IN parameters, but when I try to execute it, Visual Studio tells me that I have the wrong number or type of parameters.

My assumption at this point is that the REF CURSOR, which returns my dataset, is the parameter it doesn't like. I checked out MANY documents online, telling me that making this an IN OUT parameter should fix the issue, but it doesn't.

As I stated above, I can do this fine through code, so I know the stored procedure works fine. I see no reason why Visual Studio would allow me to get as far as I do with it if there is no way to do it without code. Anyone have any ideas?

Friday, December 10, 2010 9:54 PM

Answers