Accessing ASMX Using WCF doesn't work...

Question

• My asmx web service doesn't use authentication at all... But use Session State... I can connect and test all functions using IE, FireFox but when it's in WinRT it doesn't find the endpoint... But Visual Studio find and generate the appropriate code for it... Even if I try it using an IP address it doesn't work...

Always this error:

A first chance exception of type 'System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

Additional information: There was no endpoint listening at https://*/*.asmx that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details.

Tried creating the default HelloWorld asmx template and it doesn't work at all... Always the same result no matter what's the .Net version I use...
    • Edited by ClementM Wednesday, November 26, 2014 2:23 AM
    Tuesday, November 25, 2014 11:05 PM

Answers

• Sorry for the late response, looks like your first issue is solved by build another project.

The XAML and VB file broke when copy them looks like you did not modify your vbproj file, take a look at the screenshot:

If you need link them, you may edit your project file, in your Visual Studio, right click the project and unload the project, then build the link for vb file xaml file.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 8:38 AM
  • Didn't used localhost... The address was on the Internet just think it's a glitch... And I use VB... Anyway found a way of making it work but had to start a new project, copy paste all the old project code... Would have been so fast if I could just copy paste file... But the link between the XAML and VB file broke when I copied them... Another glitch I think !
    Thursday, December 4, 2014 10:15 PM

All replies

• Hi ClementM,

We cannot use localhost as test if we do not set anything in our PC, take a look at the documentation: How to enable loopback and troubleshoot network isolation

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 6:07 AM
  • It appears it's a bug with the XAML editor itself after Update 4... Took all the code, started a new project, pasted it in there and everything worked fine... Just realized copy paste from project just doesn't work, the IDE doesn't see the code file... (on VB) So I had to copy paste over 80 files, real pain in the ass... So much for RAD !!
    Wednesday, December 3, 2014 6:17 AM
  • Hi ClementM,

I used to think you host the service at localhost, however could you help to compare the AppxManifest.xml /csproj file in VS2013.4 and your previous version, some of the user reported that update 4 cannot correctly generate appxmanifest and project file(.csproj), I don't know if you have the same situation.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, December 3, 2014 6:53 AM
  • Didn't used localhost... The address was on the Internet just think it's a glitch... And I use VB... Anyway found a way of making it work but had to start a new project, copy paste all the old project code... Would have been so fast if I could just copy paste file... But the link between the XAML and VB file broke when I copied them... Another glitch I think !
    Thursday, December 4, 2014 10:15 PM
  • Sorry for the late response, looks like your first issue is solved by build another project.

The XAML and VB file broke when copy them looks like you did not modify your vbproj file, take a look at the screenshot:

If you need link them, you may edit your project file, in your Visual Studio, right click the project and unload the project, then build the link for vb file xaml file.

--James

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 8:38 AM