PivotViewer Silverlight 5 - Datetime facet localization problems RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi everyone !

I'm working on a Silverlight 5 project that uses the new PivotViewer control.
    As part of this project, we're using datetime facets, but with french localization their display is just horrible.

After digging into the resource assembly System.Windows.Controls.Pivot.resources.dll with Reflector, it appears that the date masks for the french format are incorrect :

- DateTimeDefaultFormatString=MMMM j, h:mm tt, aaa
    - SecondRange_YearDiffer_Date12=MMM j, h:mm:ss tt, aaa

etc.

I've built a Library project to try to reproduce this ressource assembly, in order to substitute the original one : our application can load this new assembly, but the pivotviewer control ignores it or is not able to load it.
    I guess it’s because the System.Windows.Controls.Pivot.resources.dll is signed. But although I signed my assembly with a. Snk, it doesn’t change anything.

I also took a look at the facet datatemplate (DateTimeFacetCategoryViewModelTemplate), but haven’t found any reference to the resources contained in the original assembly.

Thank you for your help.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 8:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Unfortunately you've answered your own question - it's not possible, sorry. Well not easily anyway, your alternate assembly wont work because the key is different from the Microsoft one. I suppose you could completely decompile the control and rebuild it unsigned - but probably not worth the effort.  

I don't want to be seen a promoting a product here but the HTML5 PivotViewer can support this - http://pivot.lobsterpot.com.au/pass2012.htm. Get in contact if you want to know more, roger.noble@lobsterpot.com.au.

Thanks

Roger

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 6:40 PM
  • Hi Roger,

Thank you for your answer, we will ask directly Microsoft about the problematic.

I looked at your HTML5 pivotviewer, it looks great, but our client policy about the application design is "Silverlight only", sorry.

Have a nice day.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 4:49 AM
  • Hi all,

Our team has faced with the same problem for a Russian Localization too. Does Microsoft planning to fig this bug?

Thank you.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:45 PM
  • Hi centnot,

We asked Microsoft support who asked Silverlight team about this.

They won't fix this bug (Silverlight Dev Team answer).

Have a nice day.

Monday, March 4, 2013 9:13 AM