none
Problem generating manifest. Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using visual studio 2008 when i am start debugging some times it showing the error

Problem generating manifest. Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.

for this again i am restarting visual studio

so please give a solution to this error

waiting for reply...................

Thursday, April 19, 2012 12:15 PM

Answers

• This looks like faulty Visual Studio installation. So, try repairing it or remove and install fresh one.

Please mark this post as answer if it solved your problem. Happy Programming!

Thursday, April 19, 2012 5:11 PM
  • Hi, 

Adding to Adavesh response,  I suggest if you are continuously facing this issue report at microsoft as I see there is a ticket on same issue closed because they couldn't reproduce.

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer". If this post is helpful please click "Mark as Helpful".

Thursday, April 19, 2012 6:02 PM
  • Hi Kumar,

For the exception thrown by visual studio, please try the following steps to solve this issue:

1) You can first try resetting the Visual Studio setting, check out How to: Reset Your Settings

2) Have you applied the latest service pack? If not, I suggest you to apply the service pack.

3) If you reboot the operating system to safe mode, do you have the problem? This can help to isolate whether any other applications are interfering with Visual Studio. In addition to safe mode, you can also try “clean boot”.

If none of these solutions work, then I'll go Adavesh's solution.

Regards, http://shwetamannjain.blogspot.com

Sunday, April 22, 2012 2:27 AM

All replies

• This looks like faulty Visual Studio installation. So, try repairing it or remove and install fresh one.

Please mark this post as answer if it solved your problem. Happy Programming!

Thursday, April 19, 2012 5:11 PM
  • Hi, 

Adding to Adavesh response,  I suggest if you are continuously facing this issue report at microsoft as I see there is a ticket on same issue closed because they couldn't reproduce.

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer". If this post is helpful please click "Mark as Helpful".

Thursday, April 19, 2012 6:02 PM
  • Hi Kumar,

For the exception thrown by visual studio, please try the following steps to solve this issue:

1) You can first try resetting the Visual Studio setting, check out How to: Reset Your Settings

2) Have you applied the latest service pack? If not, I suggest you to apply the service pack.

3) If you reboot the operating system to safe mode, do you have the problem? This can help to isolate whether any other applications are interfering with Visual Studio. In addition to safe mode, you can also try “clean boot”.

If none of these solutions work, then I'll go Adavesh's solution.

Regards, http://shwetamannjain.blogspot.com

Sunday, April 22, 2012 2:27 AM
  • Hi, I am getting the same error in VS 2010 too, I have tried restarting the VS2010, but still I am seeing the issue. Do I need to re-install VS2010?

Developer

Monday, July 9, 2012 3:16 PM
  • Thanks!
    Wednesday, February 19, 2014 8:11 AM
  • In the most cases, the solution is to restart the Visual Studio, it worked me

"La imaginacion es mas importante que el conocimiento." -> Albert Einstein

• Proposed as answer by gblumen Thursday, September 11, 2014 4:11 PM
    • Edited by gblumen Thursday, September 11, 2014 4:12 PM .
    Thursday, September 11, 2014 4:11 PM