Editing blood type information via HealthVault web interface vs programmatically updating the information RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone

I am new to HealthVault development, so I apologize if I am missing some very basic concept.

I noticed that while I AM able to programmatically update my blood type information in HealthVault, I do not find any way to edit the blood type if I simply use the HealthVault web interface. I do have custodian level access to the account.

Is there a reason for this?

Thursday, August 13, 2009 7:07 PM

Answers

• Hi Aravind,

To view/edit items please see the x-ray tool (https://xray.getrealconsulting.com/). You are not facing an issue because of Blood type being listed under "See items in this record".
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 7:55 PM
  • XRay tool allows you to view all the properties of all item types, create any item, add related items, extensions, browse vocabulary etc. on HealthVault. We are working on making the Shell UI more consistent with the platform features.
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 8:44 PM

All replies

• If you are talking about editing Blood type using HealthVault Web interface (not programmatically), click on "Health Info" tab, select the item you want to edit from the "See items in the record", under "Details" column, there is a button (Expand), click that. After clicking that you will be able to see "Edit" option. Hope this helps.
    • Edited by Mansi_D Thursday, August 13, 2009 7:39 PM missed a word
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 7:15 PM
  • I just tried it. I cannot find an Edit option on my screen. I am logging into the preproduction HealthVault account, but I have the same issue on the actual HealthVault site also.

I also noticed that the blood type is under the category Personal Demographic Information, which is under "See items in this record" and not under "Add new items to this record". Is that why I am facing this issue?

Thanks
    Aravind
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 7:28 PM
  • Hi Aravind,

To view/edit items please see the x-ray tool (https://xray.getrealconsulting.com/). You are not facing an issue because of Blood type being listed under "See items in this record".
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 7:55 PM
  • Thanks, that worked. So I suppose some information can only be edited by using the x-ray tool for now?
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 8:26 PM
  • XRay tool allows you to view all the properties of all item types, create any item, add related items, extensions, browse vocabulary etc. on HealthVault. We are working on making the Shell UI more consistent with the platform features.
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 8:44 PM