Test case for SSIS Package RRS feed

• Question

• How can I write test cases for a SSIS Package?Can anybody explain with an example?

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 5:51 PM

Answers

• Marked as answer by Eileen Zhao Monday, September 5, 2011 8:51 AM
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 6:02 PM
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 6:38 PM
  • ssisunit gives a task by task and the package level test case and it is a good tool in my experience. But writing test cases for an SSIS package which is basically an ETL tool is not always simialr to an ASP.NET page where the functioanlity is based mainly on navigation and checking the data by select and compare. The tester should also know the underlying data flow and the validation of the data according to the "BUSINESS RULES". These business rules are not common and there is a great disjoint between projects and if the tester wants to test it to the core , concentrate more on the business rules where as the data comparison is a mere select and compare.
    Happy to help! Thanks. Regards and good Wishes, Deepak.
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 7:15 PM

All replies

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 6:02 PM
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 6:38 PM
  • ssisunit gives a task by task and the package level test case and it is a good tool in my experience. But writing test cases for an SSIS package which is basically an ETL tool is not always simialr to an ASP.NET page where the functioanlity is based mainly on navigation and checking the data by select and compare. The tester should also know the underlying data flow and the validation of the data according to the "BUSINESS RULES". These business rules are not common and there is a great disjoint between projects and if the tester wants to test it to the core , concentrate more on the business rules where as the data comparison is a mere select and compare.
    Happy to help! Thanks. Regards and good Wishes, Deepak.
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 7:15 PM