callisto Rating control RRS feed

• Question

• I am using this great rating control. One problem is if I set IsEnabled = "False" it disables the forcolor and hard to read.

If I enabled the user can change the value. The data is bound and I do not want this.

Is there a way to lock but keep enabled so the user cannot modify.

<callisto:Rating
        Value="{Binding UserRating}" ItemCount="5"
        Background="Transparent" Foreground="Gold" FontSize="18" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Margin="0,0,0,0" IsEnabled="False"/>

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 1:25 AM

Answers

• Sorry about the incorrect posting.

The answer was simple, I had to enable the control but set IsHitTestVisible = "False"

Thanks

• Marked as answer by Andy Sid Thursday, January 16, 2014 12:17 AM
    Thursday, January 16, 2014 12:17 AM

All replies

• Please post coding questions in the appropriate forum for the language and UI kit you are using.

For help with 3rd party controls (including Callisto) you may be best off posting in the discussion pages for that control.

That said, try editing the template by selecting the control in the designer and choosing Edit Template... from the context menu. This will let you edit the colours as desired.

I strongly recommend you put your colours in resources rather than hardcoding them and leave them the default colours in high contrast mode.

--Rob

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 1:30 AM
  • Sorry about the incorrect posting.

The answer was simple, I had to enable the control but set IsHitTestVisible = "False"

Thanks

• Marked as answer by Andy Sid Thursday, January 16, 2014 12:17 AM
    Thursday, January 16, 2014 12:17 AM