none
Getting current GPS Lat/Lon coordinates from tablet using VBA RRS feed

• Question

• I need to obtain Lat/Lon from the locator hardware in a Lenovo ThinkPad running Windows 8.1 using Microsoft Access.  I assume it's some kind of GPS system, but I'm not sure.  It has a locator function for apps like weather, maps, etc.  There's no data plan, so I don't think it's referencing cell towers. 

In Access: 

First, I open a code page and click Tools/References.  Which of these libraries do I need to add as a reference to my database?

Second, once I have included the correct reference(s), what is the exact syntax for retrieving the lat/long coordinates?

Thanks!

b

• Edited by bruceintx Wednesday, July 2, 2014 9:04 PM
    • Moved by George123345 Thursday, July 3, 2014 1:58 AM VBA related
    Wednesday, July 2, 2014 7:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This is the forum to discuss questions and feedback for Microsoft Office, the issue is more related to Word coding/programing, I'll move your question to the MSDN forum for VBA

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=isvvba

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, July 3, 2014 1:58 AM
  • Hi,

The GPS should be supported from the hardware level (like GPS hardware driver), I don't know whether Lenovo provided the related COM components, if not, I'm afraid we could not use it in VBA.

I would suggest you getting support from the development team of GPS system.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, July 4, 2014 8:24 AM