call log RRS feed

• Question

• hi everyone.

is possible to modify the call log?.

I am doing a redirection from a call, but the call log register both numbers, the dialed number and the redirected number, I must show one of them only. is possible to modify the call log to remove one of the registers?

can I define what number must be registered in the log when I make a call from my application?

thanks in advance.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 11:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Call Logs on Windows Mobile 5.0 are stored in "pim.vol", which is a CEDB (Windows CE property databases). We can just read the call log with Phone API, but if we want to modify it, thing goes to be complicated.

To access this database file, you need to use some CEDB APIs. Since you post the question at VB and C# section in Smart device development forum, I may guess you want to implement it with managed code.

Luckily, some expert has already written a wrapper for it. See the article on Code Project : http://www.codeproject.com/netcf/cedbnet.asp . You may need to modify the code for your own logic.

Furthermore, the following thread may also help:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=672826&SiteID=1

Although they are discribed in native C++, it can give you a rough idea on the workflow of it.

Regards,

Zero Dai - MSFT

Thursday, May 24, 2007 6:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Call Logs on Windows Mobile 5.0 are stored in "pim.vol", which is a CEDB (Windows CE property databases). We can just read the call log with Phone API, but if we want to modify it, thing goes to be complicated.

To access this database file, you need to use some CEDB APIs. Since you post the question at VB and C# section in Smart device development forum, I may guess you want to implement it with managed code.

Luckily, some expert has already written a wrapper for it. See the article on Code Project : http://www.codeproject.com/netcf/cedbnet.asp . You may need to modify the code for your own logic.

Furthermore, the following thread may also help:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=672826&SiteID=1

Although they are discribed in native C++, it can give you a rough idea on the workflow of it.

Regards,

Zero Dai - MSFT

Thursday, May 24, 2007 6:25 AM

• I made an application using MSXML 3.0,4.0.which is working fine when I installed on the  MS windows XP SP2 having english OS language.but when I installed the same appication on MS windows XP SP2 having Chinese OS language it give an error.Pls give me a possible solution for that.
    Thanks in advance.
    Friday, May 25, 2007 4:22 AM
  • Thanks a lot Zero Dai.

the link has been very usefull to understand what should I do. but I don't know which name must I use to open the call log table.  the example on this page use the name "Contacts Database" to open it, what is the name from call log table? the cvalue of the volume is the same? or I must change it.

I has been searching on internet but I didn't  find anything. 

thank you again.

Friday, May 25, 2007 7:42 PM
  • Hello there everyone.

I've been working on a tool which will write entries into the call log on a Windows Mobile 6 Professional device. I have already researched a number of "call log" related threads on the MSDN Forums. I can read and remove call log entries. Now obviously it is possible to write entries, since other programs (like PIM Backup) can write entries to the call log.

However when attempting to write a record to the EDB database I have gotten the following two errors:
    1. ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED when attempting to modify an existing call log entry.
    2. ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER when attempting to add and create a brand new call log entry.
    What permissions are required to write to "clog.db" from within "pim.vol"? What permissions should my application have to perform a write/update operation? I can delete entries without any problem, so I must have some level of acceptable permissions. According to the samples within the Windows Mobile 6 SDK and the other forum threads I've come across while researching this problem, the parameters I'm using should be fine.

Ideally I'd love to create entirely brand new entries, instead of merely updating an existing entry in the call history. However I can't even modify existing call log entries either.

I'm using the Code Project being mentioned earlier in this thread. I have looked at related C++ threads and C++ projects as well and those have met with little success if any.

Can anyone provide any information on how to write an entry into the call log? Any help at all would be tremendously appreciated.
    Monday, October 6, 2008 7:01 PM
  • i have been able to read all log entries in WM 5.0. using p/invoke but i would like to know how do i (if i can)  delete specific log entries that i choose.

i am not allowed to use 3rd party stuff.. opennetcf  not accepted.. also am not allowed to use sql.. any help would be appreciated.. :)

i tried searchin a lot on the forum..but to no use..
    Friday, January 2, 2009 12:03 PM