none
Word Readability Stats in verison 2013 vs greater than 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, 

I have a macro that displays the readability stats from word. This macro works perfectly on versions of MS Word greater than 2013. If I run it in 2013 or even 2010 I don't get the same results, in fact I get 0 for some. Can someone point me to a resource that talks about how it was done in 2013 and older? I would to add code to determine the version of word and then generate the stats as needed based on the version detected.

Thanks

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 7:08 PM

All replies

• Hi QuartusDev,

there is no any specific document available which discuss what kind of changes are done after Office 2013 regarding readability stats.

but below are some links that contains some information on this topic.

Test your document's readability

Readability statistics incorrect or missing in Word

further you can try to post your code and we can try to make a test on our side to reproduce the issue and try to find solution or a work around for it, if any available.

to know the version of word, you can use "Application.Version".

Sub demo()
     MsgBox (Application.Version)
    End Sub

For Word 2003, it is "11.0"

For Word 2007, it is "12.0"

For Word 2010, it is "14.0"

For Word 2013, it is "15.0"

For Word 2016, it is "16.0"

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 3:04 AM
  • Hi QuartusDev,

I can see that after creating this thread, you did not done any follow up on this issue.

is your issue is solved?

if yes, I suggest you to post your solution and mark it as an answer.

if your issue is still exist then try to refer the suggestions given by the community members.

if you have any further questions then let us know about that.

we will try to provide further suggestions to solve the issue.

this thread is still open and will remain open until you mark the answer.

so please try to update the status of the issue on this thread and take appropriate action to keep this forum healthy and helpful.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 5, 2017 8:13 AM