failure to load Microsoft.VisualStudio.Data.ServiceWizard RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to add a new "WCF Data Service (for OData V3)" item to my Web project using VS2010, and keep getting this error:

Error: this template attempted to load component assembly
    "Microsoft.VisualStudio.Data.ServicesWizard, Version=10.0.0.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'. For more
    information on this problem and how to enable this template, please
    see documentation on Customizing Project Templates.

I previously had the October 2011 WCF Data Service CTP installed but recently uninstalled it and installed the new 5.0 RTM release.  It obviously updated the template (because it says oData v3) but must have not updated a DLL path correctly in the template or something.  Can anyone tell me how to fix - I posted to the WCF forum and they told me to try here.

Friday, May 25, 2012 3:40 PM

All replies

• Hi MolallaComm,

Thank you for your post.

We are researching this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best regards,

Ego

Monday, May 28, 2012 9:09 AM
  • Hi MolallaComm,

It seems that Microsoft.VisualStudio.Data.ServicesWizard is missing or corrupt during re-installation of WCF Data Service.

You can make a complete uninstallation and then clean install new version as a workaround.

If you have any more concern about this issue, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

Ego

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 2:22 AM
  • I've tried completely uninstalling both the WCF Data Services 5.0 (OData v3) package and reinstalling it - that didn't fix it

Next, I did a repair on Visual Studio 2010, and that didn't fix it either?  Are you suggesting I completely uninstall Visual Studio 2010 and re-install it?  That's a fairly time consuming chore, especially if it doesn't end up fixing the problem.  Where is that DLL suppose to be located?

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 9:37 PM
  • Have the same problem with Visual Studio 2013 Preview... :?
    Sunday, June 30, 2013 6:58 PM