none
.NET Form is invisible in Visual Studio 2008 Designer RRS feed

• Question

• Hallo Everybody,

I've got a problem during the development of an application in VC++ .NET. My environment is Visual Studio 2008 Professional.
    I used the form designer to add some .NET components to a new form. Now, I've added an ActiveX control to the form and after I returned from the code view, my form is invisible in the designer. I can select all the components over the properties menu, but I don't see anything in the design form. When I start the application, the form is visible and is working without any problems. May you have any advice how I can solve this problem.

Thanks in advance!
    Monday, April 20, 2009 10:24 AM

Answers

• I presume that the problem persists whenever you re-open the form in design mode even after restarting Visual Studio.  I just have to say this because Visual Studio has been known to have problems where a form temporarily does not work correctly in design mode.  The symptoms are either an error is displayed or the whole design area is just blank.

If all else fails, consider creating an instance of the control's class and adding it to the Form.Controls collection at run time, for example in the Form.Load event.  Not ideal, but it will at least let you work on the rest of the form in design mode.

• Marked as answer by Zhi-Xin Ye Friday, April 24, 2009 1:35 PM
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 11:20 PM