Dev Compliance RRS feed

• Question

• User-1272361410 posted

I have been asked to come up with a dev compliance (development compliance) measurement matrix for all software development projects happening under our department.  My problem is that we do not have such a measurement approach, how do I start, any pointers anyone.  We are using TFS 2010 and VS 2010.  I want to make everything as automated as possible.

Monday, April 11, 2011 11:37 PM

Answers

• User-1561814533 posted

You cannot fully automate code reviews and integration testing.

However, the tools I mentioned above will help with code reviews as they can enforce coding standards and report on deviance from them.

As far as Integration Testing goes, you can use Visual Studio Ultimate or Visual Studio Test Professional to help plan, define and record your tests (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms182409.aspx), although I'm sure there are other tools you could use I am not familiar with any others.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 3:41 AM

All replies

• User-1561814533 posted

Have a look at Stylecop, codeit.right and ReSharper. All three can analyse your code against a set of rules and report on violations. I've not used codeit.right, but stylecop is free and integrates with ReSharper which is an excellent tool that will increase your development productivity.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 4:01 AM
  • User-1272361410 posted

These are only code level items, what I am looking for are additional items such as Code Review, Unit Tests and so on.

Monday, April 18, 2011 9:52 AM
  • User-1272361410 posted

Just to add something further to this, what I am looking for are items like

--Code Reviews

--Integration Testing

--Integration Test Cases

Any other items which you guys think might be useful?

Monday, April 18, 2011 9:53 PM
  • User-1561814533 posted

You cannot fully automate code reviews and integration testing.

However, the tools I mentioned above will help with code reviews as they can enforce coding standards and report on deviance from them.

As far as Integration Testing goes, you can use Visual Studio Ultimate or Visual Studio Test Professional to help plan, define and record your tests (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms182409.aspx), although I'm sure there are other tools you could use I am not familiar with any others.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 3:41 AM