ICS BIND - Enable DNS creates zone, but never shows Edit DNS zone records. It just continues to show Enable DNS link. RRS feed

• Question

• Current setup and explanation below. I'm stumped.

Anyone ever seen this or have any ideas how one would get around this?

WebsitePanel version: 1.1.0

Description: When client enable's DNS, it says it was enabled successfully, but never gives them the option to edit DNS.  It continues to present the option to Enable DNS, however, when enabling the second time, it says the "DNS Zone already exists on the target service."  I can manually remove this for ISC Bind and re-add it, but the link to edit the DNS zone never comes up and instead the link to "Enable DNS" remains. 

Error message: No error message, nor is there an error produced in the process.

Audit Log message: None, it shows up as successful

WebsitePanel Event Log message: None, it shows everything as being successful.

OS Edition: Windows Server 2008 R2

OS Bitness: 64

Other products with versions: ISC BIND 9.7.2-P3

Steps to reproduce: Create a customer account without ISC BIND 9 being installed previously.  Then install BIND and enable it (as well as the editor) for the plan.  Then login to the users account and enable dns.  The zone will get created, but the link to "Edit DNS zone records" does not appear.  Instead it shows the "Enable DNS" link again and when trying to enable it again, the record exists.  However, no link for the user to edit the zone exists.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 8:26 AM

All replies

• Still stumped on this one.

Could it be that DNS is running under a local account vs a domain account during setup?  (I was unable to set it up under a domain account during install, but I could do this afterwards.

Looking for any options anyone might have to resolving this.

NOTE: I did totally remove the customer and recreate the account thinking that the edit dns options would be available then since it doesn't error.  No dice though so I'm thinking it has something to do with the way I installed BIND or a configuration setting somewhere.

Thursday, February 10, 2011 4:47 PM
  • I'm feeling a bit silly that no one else has ever experienced this problem.  /bump in the hopes that someone else has an idea or thought that would get me moving.

Thanks!

Friday, February 11, 2011 11:15 PM
  • Still looking for help with this if anyone has any ideas?
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 8:11 PM