LDAP - Active Directoy Authentication fails with multiple Domain RRS feed

• Question

• User-229812728 posted

Hi ,

I am using ASP.NET 2.0 and trying to implement Form Authentication for User Authentication. I am refering to MSDN :http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag2/html/paght000022.asp. My application is using multiple LDAP Domain since there are multiple users from different sites. The authentication page does not work on IIS server but works thru ASP.NET development server. Below is the error I received when I deploy the authentication test page to IIS (currentyl using Localhost). It goes to the next Membership provider although I have specifically selected a membership provider in the application. This is how the webconfig looks like. It works when I test the application in my VS 2005 development page. I selected "MyADMembershipProvider" for Authentication in the application but it goes to the next provider for verfication. I am very confused.I don't think it is ConnectionUsername or Password issue since the provider I chose has the necessary connectionUsername and password. And it proven working in theASP.NET Development server in VS 2005.  Hope someone can help me with this problem as I can't move on till I rectify it. I don't have this problem when using single domain. I encounter the problem in IIS server by just adding the provider in the config file w/o even changing the Application with the selected membership provider.

Thanks for your kind help.

<membership>

<providers>

<add name="MyADMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0,

Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"

attributeMapUsername="sAMAccountName"

connectionStringName="AsiaConnectionString"

connectionUsername="ssss"

connectionPassword="sss"/>

<add name="AmeADMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0,

Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"

connectionStringName="AmeConnectionString"/>

<add name="EurADMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"

connectionStringName="EurConnectionString"/>

</providers>

</membership>

Server Error in '/SingleLogin' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

Source Error:

Line 51:                    connectionUsername="xxxxxxx" 
    Line 52:                    connectionPassword="yyyyyyy"/>
    Line 53:         <add name="AmeADMembershipsProvider" type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0,            
    Line 54:                    Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" 
    Line 55:                   attributeMapUsername="sAMAccountName" 

Monday, November 6, 2006 6:23 AM

All replies

• User1005758432 posted
    Have you found a solution for this? I'm doing something very similar to this. Right now my authentication mode is setup to forms. What I wanted is if a user failed to authenticate through domain1 then it tries to authenticate on domain2. If this implementation is too hard to create, is there a way to have a drop down list of the two domains so that the user can choose which domain to login?
    Friday, March 23, 2007 9:41 AM