The error "configuration system failed to initialize" occurred RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

When I converted and built the solution file that was developed by Visual Studio .net 2003 using Visual Studio 2005, the application program was abnormal-ended at the following step:

m_TCPChannel = New System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpChannel(tcp_properties, Nothing, Nothing)

The error message was "configration system failed to initialize".  The Exception.ToString said that the root <configuration> tag was not included in the configuration file. Therefore, I changed <configopt> tag to <configuration> tag in the app.config file of the target project, and then executed again. Next time, the application program was abnormal-ended by the unrecognized section <xs:schema>. Therefore, I changed the app.config file to the simple one (only <configuration> and </configuration> tags), and then executed again. The error didn't occur. I guess that it's caused by configuration settings. Please advise.

app.config file:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
    <configopt>
    <xs:schema id="configopt" xmlns="" xmlns:xs="URLリンク" xmlns:msdata="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-msdata">
    <xs:element name="configopt" msdata:IsDataSet="true" msdata:Locale="en-AU">
    <xs:complexType>
    <xs:choice maxOccurs="unbounded">
    <xs:element name="Environment">
    <xs:complexType>
    <xs:sequence>
    <xs:element name="Name" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" />
    <xs:element name="System" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" />
    <xs:element name="DataLibrary" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" />
    <xs:element name="Default" type="xs:boolean" minOccurs="0" />
    <xs:element name="UserId" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" />
    </xs:sequence>
    </xs:complexType>
    </xs:element>
    </xs:choice>
    </xs:complexType>
    </xs:element>
    </xs:schema>
    <Environment>
    <Name>Test</Name>
    <System>XXXX.COM</System>
    <DataLibrary>XXXTEST</DataLibrary>
    <Default>false</Default>
    <UserId></UserId>
    </Environment>
    <Environment>
    <Name>Production</Name>
    <System>XXXXX.COM</System>
    <DataLibrary>XXXPROD</DataLibrary>
    <Default>true</Default>
    <UserId />
    </Environment>
    </configopt>

• Moved by Amanda Zhu Monday, February 24, 2014 1:58 AM not VS general issue
    Thursday, February 20, 2014 11:25 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I doubt that the issue should be on the configuration file. But it is more related to the project rather than VS IDE what VS general forum mainly discusses. SO I still suggest consulting on some development forum based on the type of your project or submitting a support ticket.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by AkiraYamazaki Tuesday, February 25, 2014 2:44 PM
    Monday, February 24, 2014 1:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your post.

I am afraid that the issue is out of support range of VS General Question forum which mainly discusses the usage of Visual Studio IDE such as WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

Since your issue occurred on the converted project from VS .net 2003 to VS2005, and VS2005 is out of our mainstream support , I suggest that you should consult on some development forums to check whether they will to provide some suggestions or submit a support ticket to below site,

https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?Gprid=1117&st=1&wfxredirect=1&sd=gn&wfxredirect=1

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

• Proposed as answer by Amanda Zhu Friday, February 21, 2014 6:20 AM
    Friday, February 21, 2014 6:20 AM
  • Thank you for your suggestion and I understood.

However, the error does not occur when I deleted Executable\bin\XXX.exe.config file today.

Friday, February 21, 2014 6:42 AM
  • Hi,

I doubt that the issue should be on the configuration file. But it is more related to the project rather than VS IDE what VS general forum mainly discusses. SO I still suggest consulting on some development forum based on the type of your project or submitting a support ticket.

Best regards,

• Marked as answer by AkiraYamazaki Tuesday, February 25, 2014 2:44 PM
    Monday, February 24, 2014 1:57 AM
  • Thank you for your advice.

I uploaded my question to Visual Studio Development forum.

Monday, February 24, 2014 4:41 AM