Bing Maps development mouse problem RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi all,

i have a "little" problem with the Bing Map...

i'm using this library version

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ecn.dev.virtualearth.net/mapcontrol/mapcontrol.ashx?v=6.2"></script>

I have implemented the map inside a huge web portal created with asp.net 3.5 and Ajax + Jquery.

In a specific layer of the website i have bind and unbind the mouse move event, using jquery function for move some other div on the screen, and all work properly...But after i open a layer with the Bing Maps with some pushpin, all the previus functions doesn't work properly...(the mouse move event cacth the event, but in the event coordinates i found the same result...)

To initialize the map i use these line of code :

var map = new VEMap("myMap");<br/>
      map.SetDashboardSize(VEDashboardSize.Normal);<br/>
      map.LoadMap(new VELatLong(45.23337675057045, 9.186222553253168), 15);<br/>
      map.SetMapStyle(VEMapStyle.Road);<br/>
      GetMap();<br/>
      GetCenterMapPosition_Position();

When i close the map layer i use these line of code :

if (map != null) {
        map.DetachEvent("onmousemove", GetCurrentMouseLatLon);
        map.DetachEvent("onclick", PixelClick);
        VEMap.Dispose();
        map.Dispose();
        map = null;
      }

The problem is :

After i have disposed the map object, i think that Bing Maps don't release correctly the mouse events, because when i re-bind again the mousemove event into mine function, i get from the browser the same coordinates when i move the mouse...(for example i get x:60 y:400 forever, without any changes after moving the mouse)

I'm sorry for my bad english! :)

Regards

Daniele

Thursday, December 16, 2010 2:10 PM

All replies

• Hello Daniele

Are you getting the same co-ordinates after you open a layer on the Bing Maps with some pushpins or when you close the map application, re-open it again with new map object ?

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 1:16 AM