impediment in scan barcode in PDA RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.
    I wrote Program on the PDA by .NET . in this program user must enter the product barcode for her order . When the cursor is in the TextBox and click  Scan button on the PDA , scan do not work . I think I should load a program for barcode reader to be active, but I dont know . Please if someone has done help me . thanks
    In addition, PDA brand and model is: Symbol MC9060
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 1:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Have you taken a look at the samples as provided with the EMDK? There are samples for consuming the scanner.

Hope this helps.

Paul Diston
    http://www.smartmobiledevice.co.uk/
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Wednesday, January 20, 2010 9:26 AM
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 1:20 PM
  • For symbol 9060 devices, you must first add the barcode scanner object to your form - just drag one from the toolbox (if it is not there then the Symbol/Motorola libraries are not installed propertly) which will add the following to your designer file:

private

Barcode.Barcode barcodeScannerVehicleStatus;

this

.barcodeScannerVehicleStatus = new Barcode.Barcode();

Assign a callback function to the messages that the control generates (OnRead and OnStatus) :

private

void barcodeScannerVehicleStatus_OnRead(object sender, Symbol.Barcode.ReaderData readerData)

{

if (readerData.Result == LEGSConstants.LASER_READ_SUCCESS)

{

string aVIN = readerData.Text.Substring(1);

VIN

.Text = aVIN;

SendVINQueryMessage(aVIN);

}

}

private void barcodeScannerVehicleStatus_OnStatus(object sender, Symbol.Barcode.BarcodeStatus barcodeStatus)

{

scannerStatusText

.Text = "LASER: " + barcodeStatus.Text;

}

Then make sure you activate the scanner when it is appropriate in your form such as when the focus is on the appropriate entry field - otherwise you will drain the battery

barcodeScannerVehicleStatus.EnableScanner = true;

• Proposed as answer by Jeff Dworkin Sunday, January 24, 2010 2:53 PM
    Sunday, January 24, 2010 2:52 PM