none
VS2012 - problem with *wtl files during test computer provisioning RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm attempting to setup driver testing between my Win7 host and Win8 target running on VmWare player. During test computer provisioning Visual Studio fails on two tasks:

Configure debugger settings (x64) (possible reboot)

Configure computer settings (x64) (possible reboot)

In the configuration log I found the following error:

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Adam Markiewicz\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\DriverTest\TestRepository\Results\Configure_debugger_settings_(x64)_(possible_reboot)_00004.wtl

and a similar one for the second failure.

In the log I found that the command line is

te.exe "%SystemDrive%\DriverTest\Run\DriverTestTasks.dll" /select:"@Name='DriverTestTasks::_ConfigureKernelDebugger'" /p:"DebugTransport=NET" /p:"NetHost=192.168.147.1" /p:"NetPort=50645" /p:"NetKey=HIX31JLMOZ4Z.E73VQPBFY4W.E6AZL6N712IT.SJW207CRQR8U" /p:"StartPolicy=Active" /p:"IgnoreUserModeExceptions=0" /p:"SuppressReboot=1" /rebootStateFile:%SystemDrive%\DriverTest\Logs\DriverTestReboot.xml /enableWttLogging /wttDeviceString:$LogFile:file="%SystemDrive%\DriverTest\Logs\Configure_debugger_settings_(x64)_(possible_reboot)_00004.wtl",writemode=append,encoding=unicode,nofscache=true,EnableLvl="WexStartTest|WexEndTest|WexXml|WexProperty|WexCreateContext|WexCloseContext|*" /runas:Elevated

so the *.wtl log file is created on the target machine (and indeed log file is present here). However log path specified below is on the host computer:

Created new result:
      Path: C:\Users\Adam Markiewicz\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\DriverTest\TestRepository\Results\Configure debugger settings (x64) (possible reboot) 00004.xml
      Log Path: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\DriverTest\TestRepository\Results\Configure_debugger_settings_(x64)_(possible_reboot)_00004.wtl
      Computer: vm-win8-64
      Test Binary: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Testing\Tests\X64\DriverTestTasks.dll
      Test Name:  DriverTestTasks::_ConfigureKernelDebugger
      Test Display Name: Configure debugger settings (x64) (possible reboot)

It seams that this problem affects any test in which *.wtl file is created.

Friday, October 12, 2012 5:30 PM

Answers

• please use this feature with a logon name that does not include spaces. currently, handling a space in the user name is a defect of this feature.  Other paths with spaces are not an issue though. 

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sunday, October 14, 2012 11:53 PM