none
How to start BizTalk process using WCF RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I need to start a BizTalk orchestration when a WCF service is invoked. Is there any way to do that?

Best,

Sonya

Friday, September 17, 2010 7:46 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Is your WCF service is a proxy for orchestration.
    If yes, Expose the Orchestration as a web Service.
    if No, you could publish a message to message box by placing file (file location), which kicks the orchestration.

Kishor Kumar M
    Friday, September 17, 2010 8:16 AM
  • Hi,

My case is as follows:

The WCF is getting information from a system. When WCF is invoked BizTalk should start an orchestration to modify the data received and to update another system. The logic in orchistration has nothing in common with the logic in the WCF. I don't want to use file location in order to omit hardcoding of file location.

Sonya

Friday, September 17, 2010 9:45 AM
  • Yes, as Kishor already mentioned, you need to expose your Orchestration as a web service using the 'Publish Orchestration as web service wizard'. By doing that, you will get a WCF endpoint that clients will be able to send message to. That message will trigger and be received by the orchestration.

Friday, September 17, 2010 10:08 AM
  • So, you say that I have to create a new WCF generated by the BizTalk Publishing Wizard. As far as I know this service will be in-process hosted. And I should add the dll-s to the new directory in IIS where the WCF files will be generated (please provide links for the implemenetation). Can I host a WCF on a remote server (non-Biztalk) in this way?
    Friday, September 17, 2010 2:43 PM
  • This link will help you find all the answers you are looking for: "Publishing an Orchestration as a Web Service" on http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee253841(v=BTS.10).aspx 
    • Marked as answer by Sonya Siderova Wednesday, September 22, 2010 10:25 AM
    Monday, September 20, 2010 4:23 AM