Trouble Posting to Root Folder of Website RRS feed

• Question

• I have searched the forums for this answer and I have not found it.

(1) I created a site stored in Documents\My Web Sites\jikodis.com and added the jikodis.com folder as a site into Expression Web

(2) Added a publishing location using ftp://jikodis.com with the directory as public_html and I have it set to passive ftp

My hosting is through JustHost if that makes a difference. When I publish a file from my PC it gets put in a directory called jikodis.com on the web server rather than straight in the root folder. For example, I was editing my index.php in the root folder and when I set it to publish it, it is placed in /jikodis.com. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am a college student learning web development and I would prefer to use this great tool, but the FTP problems are preventing me from that. Thanks

Saturday, February 5, 2011 11:00 PM

All replies

• Sounds like you are opening your site as Documents\My Web Sites instead of opening the Documents\My Web Sites\jikodis.com. Because you are opening a level above your local site's actual location the path that EW is publishing to is the root and creating the same folder structure it sees in the local site.

Expression Web Tutorials & Help http://by-expression.com
    Expression Web forums
    Saturday, February 5, 2011 11:36 PM
  • Cheryl sounds like she has the answer.  You need to open your actual site folder (jikodis.com, if that's the name of the folder) as a site, not open My Web Sites, and then work on files inside jikodis.com.  [You will have to set up the publishing destination for jikodis.com again, if you've actually set one up for the My Web Sites folder.]

Saturday, February 5, 2011 11:45 PM