Device Emulator Sync with VPC? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I came into scenario where i have to sync/share some of the folders which are there in my VPC image to my Device Emulator [I just downloaded WM6 Refresh SDKs] first of all i want to know can i do this? If at all yes than could anyone assist me how to do the same?

Thanks & Regards,

Jadeja Dushyantsinh Anopsinh.

Friday, June 1, 2007 3:20 AM

Answers

• Hi Jadeja

There is a way to at least access files on the device emulator that are located inside the VPC.

Inside VPC, setup a file share for the directory that contains the files you want to access.

In the Device emulator, configure the 'Shared Folder' so it uses the file share you setup in the previous step.

To configure: On your base OS, select the menu 'File->Configure' in the device emulator and set 'Shared Folder' to the appropriate file share.

The shared files will appear inside the Emulator as a Storage Card.

To sync files - I'd write a tool running on the emulator that does sync (compare and copy) the files on the Storage Card with some forder on the device. This tool may already exist - try searching.

Hope this makes sens

Michael

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 12:23 PM

All replies

• Is your device emulator running inside VPC image? If yes, you should be able to install activesync on VPC image and then cradle emulator and sync contents.

Hope this helps.

-Thanks,

Mohit

Friday, June 1, 2007 5:22 PM

• Hi Mohit,

Thanks for the reply. No my emulator is not running inside the VPC. It is installed and running on my base Operating System. My question is can i [1] access and [2] sync folders which are lying on VPC to my emulator?

Regards,

Saturday, June 2, 2007 5:19 AM
  • Hi Jadeja

There is a way to at least access files on the device emulator that are located inside the VPC.

Inside VPC, setup a file share for the directory that contains the files you want to access.

In the Device emulator, configure the 'Shared Folder' so it uses the file share you setup in the previous step.

To configure: On your base OS, select the menu 'File->Configure' in the device emulator and set 'Shared Folder' to the appropriate file share.

The shared files will appear inside the Emulator as a Storage Card.

To sync files - I'd write a tool running on the emulator that does sync (compare and copy) the files on the Storage Card with some forder on the device. This tool may already exist - try searching.

Hope this makes sens

Michael

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 12:23 PM
  • Thanks Michael, I will try it and let you know 8-)

Regards,

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 6:24 PM