Generate txt on msi setup creation RRS feed

• Question

• User-1212192797 posted

There is no issue in creating setup or build, it is working fine I just wanted to create a file which displays the information of setup automatically. Because every time I give the release (setup) to QA I have to make readme.txt manually .This file displays information like product name , version number, release date etc. Is there a way ?

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 1:59 PM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi Ashhar,

Thanks for your feedback.

For this issue, if you want to create a file which displays the information of setup automatically, I wonder whether it can launch a readme file at the end of a Visual Sudio setup project using a custom action.

Launching a readme file at the end of a Visual Sudio setup project 

hope it helps.

Regards

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, May 26, 2014 10:51 PM

All replies

• User-166373564 posted

Hi Ashhar Hasan,

Welcome to asp.net forum.

I noticed that there are the same discussions for this topic in asp.net and stackoverflow forum, I don't have better suggestion for this issue. Please take a look at the discussion below.

# Generate file on msi setup creation

http://forums.asp.net/t/1986572.aspx 

Generate file on msi setup creation 

Regards

Angie 

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 1:40 AM
  • User-1212192797 posted

Yes these questions are asked by me, they gave me the link to this forum becuase it was not appropriate thread for asp.net and I also get asked at stackoverflow but could able to solve my problem. They are giving me the links like "how to create msi" but this is not what I need.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 12:54 PM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi Ashhar,

Thanks for your feedback.

For this issue, if you want to create a file which displays the information of setup automatically, I wonder whether it can launch a readme file at the end of a Visual Sudio setup project using a custom action.

Launching a readme file at the end of a Visual Sudio setup project 

hope it helps.

Regards

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, May 26, 2014 10:51 PM