none
KinectAudioSource.SoundSourcePosition not working? RRS feed

• Question

• When I reference KinectAudioSource.SoundSourcePosition, it is always 0 and SoundSourcePositionConfidence is 0. Does this property work or only work conditionally?

I'm using MicArrayMode = MicArrayExternBeam, NoiseSupression = true, AutomaticGainControl = false, SystemMode = OptibeamArrayOnly, FeatureMode = true.

Geoff
    Sunday, June 26, 2011 5:42 PM

Answers

• Geoff,

Looking at code I can see that SoundSourcePosition is only updated if mic mode is MicArraySingleBeam or MicArrayAdaptiveBeam, but I can't find this anywhere in docs. Sorry about that. I'll try to get this documented for the future.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Eddy

I'm here to help
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 3:45 PM

All replies

• Geoff,

Looking at code I can see that SoundSourcePosition is only updated if mic mode is MicArraySingleBeam or MicArrayAdaptiveBeam, but I can't find this anywhere in docs. Sorry about that. I'll try to get this documented for the future.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Eddy

I'm here to help
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 3:45 PM
  • Thanks; updating the documentation will save others grief. Is there a reason it isn't supported with MicArrayExternBeam though? I was hoping to both aim the mics (requiring MicArrayExternBeam) as well as determine where the sound source is coming from, but I guess "aiming" it means that it can no longer determine that?

I need to (a) point the mic at the person's head (working) as well as (b) determine sound source position so I can filter out audio coming from a source other than the person. They seem to be mutually exclusive though?

Geoff

Thursday, June 30, 2011 3:52 PM
  • Geoff,

I'm sorry the Kinect SDK Beta can't do what you want right now, and currently we're not commenting on what will be available in future releases. We will try to improve it with every release, and please keep in mind this is a beta.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Eddy

I'm here to help
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 4:32 PM
  • Hi Geoff,

You might try opening a second capture stream on the same device, and instantiate a separate instance of the DMO. Then use one instance to detect the speaker angle, and the other instance to perform the beam steering.

David

Thursday, July 14, 2011 12:35 AM