Moving Flatfiles within the Netwrok drive. RRS feed

• Question

• HI Gurus,

I have a weird problem today, I dont know if there is any setting I am missing.But, Actually my requirement is to load flatfiles from netwrok folder to DB and archive the moved files.(using foreachloop) So, I was successfully loaded and archived the files using my localhard drive as source and my localhost as DB(destination db).

But when I pointed the flat file source to Network drive , my package is not doing anything it is just finishing executing in 1 sec. No error nothing...

Please help me with this.!!!Thank you

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 12:38 AM

Answers

• Hi there,

Actually I found the problem as: If I give mapped path (Y:foldername-relative path) on my localdrive instead of giving the path like this \\srvrname\foldername\ it was working fine. ! But I still want to know what if we want give the path like \\srvrname\foldername\...why it is not working.??????

• Marked as answer by Spartaa Wednesday, November 16, 2011 3:51 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Spartaa Wednesday, November 16, 2011 3:51 PM
    • Marked as answer by Spartaa Wednesday, November 16, 2011 7:59 PM
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 3:50 PM

All replies

• How are you defining the path to the flat files on your network folder? You should be using UNC paths - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Path_(computing)#Uniform_Naming_Convention
    David Stewart | My Microsoft BI Blog | @dstewartbi
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 2:59 AM
  • I was using the same convention. In my case I have somthinglike this:  \\c3678rcc\foldername.

But Still it is diong the same thing. I am stuck with this all day....Please help me with this...

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 3:25 AM
  • use preexecute and postexecute breakpoint for the FOREACH loop to check the values of the variable containing the specified folder name.

At runtime it may be pointing to some other location/folder which doesn't contain any such file.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 6:38 AM
  • Hi no_prakash,I have put the breakpoints as suggested ! Here i see the filepath difference as \\\\srvrname\\foldername\\ instead \\srvrname\foldername\

that is itt.I didnt see any other difference. And when I am trying to change the four slashes to 2 it is turning out to be RED!!!

Any idea??

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 1:41 PM
  • Hi there,

Actually I found the problem as: If I give mapped path (Y:foldername-relative path) on my localdrive instead of giving the path like this \\srvrname\foldername\ it was working fine. ! But I still want to know what if we want give the path like \\srvrname\foldername\...why it is not working.??????

• Marked as answer by Spartaa Wednesday, November 16, 2011 3:51 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Spartaa Wednesday, November 16, 2011 3:51 PM
    • Marked as answer by Spartaa Wednesday, November 16, 2011 7:59 PM
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 3:50 PM