How to Integrate Microsoft Dynamics 365 rest services with Biztalk RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

we have Microsoft Dynamics 365 on cloud as SaaS. It has entities exposed as rest apis which implements oAuth 2.0 authentication with token.

When we hit the url, it redirects to the login page for authentication and then after successful login it shows the page .

Now we need to integrate these services in BizTalk 2016. So where do i start to get token, to pass token while calling api.

Also do we need any schemas while calling the api, i mean do we need to generate schemas?

Please mark the post as answer if this answers your question. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 2:01 AM

All replies

• I haven't tried this from BizTalk, but I suspect you'll want to look at a custom WCF Interceptor to handle the OAuth parts.

If this is helpful or answers your question - please mark accordingly.
    Because I get points for it which gives my life purpose (also, it helps other people find answers quickly)
    Read my articles on: BizTalk | .NET

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 9:00 PM
  • Hi

Please refer:

The recommended authentication API for use with the Dynamics 365 Web API is Azure Active Directory Authentication Library (ADAL), which is available for a wide variety of platforms and programming languages. The ADAL API manages OAuth 2.0 authentication with the Dynamics 365 web service identity provider. For more details on the actual OAuth protocol used, see Use OAuth to Authenticate with the CRM Service.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg327838.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Regarding schemas, you would first make the REST call work using some HTTP client like Postman. Once it works, you can use the JSON payloads that work to generate the XML schemas using the JSON schema wizard in BizTalk. Then leverage the JSON encoder/decoder components to do the conversion from/to JSON.

Thanks Arindam

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 9:16 PM