none
Converting InfoPath forms to Word RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have a custom solution that converts InfoPath forms to docx, and then docx to PDF. Everything works quite well on the test environment. It however misbehaves on the production environment.

There is a field in the Infopath form that captures the name of the recipient. This value is a string that needs to be inputted by the user creating the form from the existing template.

I noticed that by the time the conversion job is done, the recipient field no longer holds the name of the recipient but the date the form was created. This is really strange. Keep in mind that this happens in the production environment alone. This issue does not occur in the test environment. Just to be sure, I personally copied the wsp solution from the test environment and re-installed it in the production environment but the problem remains unsolved. 

Has anyone experienced something similar before? What do you think could be a possible cause?

Thursday, November 14, 2019 12:51 PM

All replies

• Hi LazyWings,

I did tests in the environment but couldn't reproduce your problem.

There may have been an error during the conversion but we could not get the corresponding reporting record.

As a workaround, you can copy and paste the error field into Word.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Proposed as answer by Michael Han6 Tuesday, November 19, 2019 9:12 AM
    Friday, November 15, 2019 2:30 AM
  • Hi

I am checking your situation here.

Any progress on your troubleshooting?

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, November 22, 2019 9:04 AM