none
Dynamically creating data entry screen using crystal report in asp.net RRS feed

• Question

• I have a requirement in one of my project to create the data entry screen dynamically.

Here is the process:

• Step#1  Require a designer screen to create the report template for data entry screen. Here the user should have the list of controls (e.g. text box, dropdown, label etc.).
    • Step#2 This design should be saved to a configured location as any file format
    • Step#3 User should be able to select the above saved report and do the data entry process that should capture those data in asp.net and save it to database

In other words, the requirement is to create a data entry screen dynamically.

I would like to know if Crystal Reports can be used in this scenario. If yes, can you please explain how.

Otherwise, any other alternatives or pointers are also appreciated.

Friday, May 18, 2012 11:19 AM

All replies

• I am having a similar scenario, I want to know if Crystal Reports can be used for

end-user report layout creation in an asp.net website

I have a requirement in one of my project to create the data entry screen dynamically.

Here is the process:

• Step#1  Require a designer screen to create the report template for data entry screen. Here the user should have the list of controls (e.g. text box, dropdown, label etc.).
    • Step#2 This design should be saved to a configured location as any file format
    • Step#3 User should be able to select the above saved report and do the data entry process that should capture those data in asp.net and save it to database

In other words, the requirement is to create a data entry screen dynamically.

I would like to know if Crystal Reports can be used in this scenario. If yes, can you please explain how.

Otherwise, any other alternatives or pointers are also appreciated.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 7:45 AM