Visual studio 2012 deploy error DEP0800 for Javascript/Html app

Question

• Unable to deploy my very first app...:( plzz help!!

I'm using VS 2012 Ultimate...and I am getting the following error...

1>------ Deploy started: Project: HelloWorld, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
    1>Updating the layout...
    1>Copying files: Total <1 mb to layout...
    1>Checking whether required frameworks are installed...
    1>Framework: Microsoft.WinJS.1.0/neutral, app package version 1.0.9200.20789 is not currently installed.
    1>Installing missing frameworks...
    1>Error : DEP0800 : The required framework "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.0\ExtensionSDKs\Microsoft.WinJS.1.0\1.0\Microsoft.WinJS.1.0.appx" failed to install. 
    1>error 0x80070241: Failed to load the extension DLL due to the following error: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.
    1>.
    1>Deployment of the application to the target device failed.

Saturday, September 14, 2013 11:06 AM

Answers

• Hi Bhuvnesh,

Now it looks like the problem is for the Visual Studio, did you install the update3 for VS2012? And I suggest you install VS 2013 while working with Windows 8.1 Preview. There might be some incompatible issue with the Windows 8.1 Preview and VS2012 Ultimate 64bit. There is a error message you wrote:

Failed to load the extension DLL due to the following error: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.

I'm wondering if the problem relate with the VS installation, could you try to reinstall the VS?

And probably raise a bug report at Connect is a prefered solution, because this forum is more face to the dev code questions. Thank you for supporting the Windows store app dev forum.

Best Regards,

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, September 16, 2013 9:33 AM
  • Thank You James for your prompt response.

Installing Update 3. I hope it will help, else I will take this issue to Connect.

Regards,

Bhuvnesh

Monday, September 16, 2013 10:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Bhuvnesh,

Before analysis the problem, I need a detail environment list, for instance which version of VS are you using, 2012Ultimate RC or others, a 32bit ot 64bit version? And which version of OS are you using, win8 RTM? 32 or 64?

Furthermore could you try to new a Blank project and a Grid Template project to see if they both have such problem.

And some solution from Connect site may help you: https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/758160/cannot-debug-win32-metro-apps. If your problem is not solved, maybe you could also raise your question at Connect to see if they can give a hand.

Best Regards,

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, September 16, 2013 3:19 AM
  • Hi James,

Thanks for the reply.

Currently I 'm using VS 2012 Ultimate 64bit version on Windows 8.1 Preview.

I tried with a new Blank project as well as Grid Template but I encountered the same error. Working with Blend also gave me a similar error.

Regards,

Bhuvnesh

Monday, September 16, 2013 8:12 AM
  • Hi Bhuvnesh,

Now it looks like the problem is for the Visual Studio, did you install the update3 for VS2012? And I suggest you install VS 2013 while working with Windows 8.1 Preview. There might be some incompatible issue with the Windows 8.1 Preview and VS2012 Ultimate 64bit. There is a error message you wrote:

Failed to load the extension DLL due to the following error: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.

I'm wondering if the problem relate with the VS installation, could you try to reinstall the VS?

And probably raise a bug report at Connect is a prefered solution, because this forum is more face to the dev code questions. Thank you for supporting the Windows store app dev forum.

Best Regards,

--James

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Monday, September 16, 2013 9:33 AM
  • Thank You James for your prompt response.

Installing Update 3. I hope it will help, else I will take this issue to Connect.

Regards,

Bhuvnesh

Monday, September 16, 2013 10:37 AM