none
It's possible creating new markings/points ("joints") on the body? RRS feed

• Question

• Someone know if is possible and how to create a new point on the body?
    I need for instance, put a new point between two body joints and be able to calculate the distance from one kinect body joint and the my new created custom point.

Regards,

Adriano.
    Thursday, February 26, 2015 2:30 AM

Answers

• Kinect will only give you the 25 joints as documented. Joint positions in space area are just that, points in space. You are free to create your own. Subtracting the points and normalize will give you the direction vector. You can then determine the vector length to move along that direction vector.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Friday, February 27, 2015 1:24 AM
  • I think you can have a look at the BodyBasics sample for this. In that sample, points in the "body space" are created from Kinect data. If you want to add other points you can draw them in a similar way but you will have to provide the position for these points as Carmine said. For example, you can add a point in the middle point between the elbow and the shoulder but you will have to calculate its position in the code each time you want to draw it, Kinect is not going to track this point in the user.
    Wednesday, March 4, 2015 9:59 AM

All replies

• Kinect will only give you the 25 joints as documented. Joint positions in space area are just that, points in space. You are free to create your own. Subtracting the points and normalize will give you the direction vector. You can then determine the vector length to move along that direction vector.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Friday, February 27, 2015 1:24 AM
  • Thank you so much, do you have a sample for this case? Or a link with a sample please.

Thanks.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 7:55 PM
  • I think you can have a look at the BodyBasics sample for this. In that sample, points in the "body space" are created from Kinect data. If you want to add other points you can draw them in a similar way but you will have to provide the position for these points as Carmine said. For example, you can add a point in the middle point between the elbow and the shoulder but you will have to calculate its position in the code each time you want to draw it, Kinect is not going to track this point in the user.
    Wednesday, March 4, 2015 9:59 AM
  • All right, i'll try this, if i have any questions, i'll call you guys. thanks!
    Wednesday, March 4, 2015 11:58 AM